Start roleplay threads here. Be sure to include NSFW in the title if it applies.

New Reply

Chapter Two: Dropping Hint(s)

Avid Sketch
Avid_Sketch

Pony

Lives in: Ca

What happened? 

How did it happen?

Why was Avid hoping for an answer to the King's kind (and totally flirtatious) nature.

"...Tell me what I'm supposed to do again?" she asked Frith.

And why did she even allow this to happen. She had a beautiful beach side home waiting for her and here she was living underground in the middle of the desert. With a king she has the hots for.

It was only a few hours after the morning of which blushing mares and odd connections were made. And Avid was now following again after the King and his royal vizier. Again confused as to what she had to do.

Corgibutts
Corgibutts

Stallion

Lives in: Sherman, Tx

MEANWHILE. Through a nearby hallway.

5f60f1ebfc0e7203c1b8696bdcee0cc9.png
Solo and impatient for sustenance, Mays marched unceremoniously towards the dining area. She was already sweaty--some hours before dawn (while some mares were doing nothing besides writhing in bed and gushing over kings), she had personally confirmed a 100% success rate in the harvest of the crop mandated by her destiny: corn. Her cutie mark, her career, her unsatisfactory life. She didn't ask for corn--corn came to her house and moved in without signing a lease. Most ponies would consider it a blessing for a talent to come so easily, but Mays didn't take to farming.

She liked to run.

On early mornings like these, when everypony was sound asleep, she chose the most sloped and serpentine of channels running through New Appleloosa. She would improvise new routes when current ones became too natural. Every day she glowed with pride in the kingdom's architects for how intuitive and logical these hallways were once you got to know them.

Checking the corn only took minutes--the rest of her time was spent running. Yet still full of energy, she slowed to a trot so as not to be too early to the scheduled breakfast procession. She had heard word of a "guest" from Generosity... and was apt to give her a piece of her mind.
Last updated: Thu, Nov 03, 2016 12:12 am

Avid Sketch
Avid_Sketch

Pony

"Right. Ranked, so I don't talk then." 

Avid he didn't mean that- 

She tried to keep up, even with Sekr trying to slow his roll she found herself almost tripping over tiny hooves. While Sekr seemed to be the one attempting to keep her straight, Avid looked to Frith for confirmation.

"Right? No talking?"

Even now, that odd little blush came rushing back to her cheeks.

Corgibutts
Corgibutts

Stallion

Mays heard a small set of voices and hoofsteps. She was expecting to see the crowd who attends these meals, so it piqued her curiosity. Judging from the sound alone, she could tell they were in a parallel tunnel and heading the same direction. Tactful and antisocial as ever, she stopped where she was to let them proceed further to the conjoining hallway.  She would follow behind.

Oh, wow. It's the king--accompanied, as always, by his shadow, the royal vizier. But who's that? Regal gait, meek disposition. She's like a salmon and a deer, thought Mays. Well, salmon 'cause of the color, I mean, not the gait. She snorted silently at her own humor, but her face darkened when the scene made sense to her.

It's gotta be the Generosity pony. But she's alone with them. No way they're friends, right? Sēkr is just being cordial out of royalty. And courtesy, and stuff.

Mays was intent on a confrontation--or at least a conversation--but wasn't sure whether to do it now or in the din of the banquet area. Considering simply being noticed as her third option, she stopped sneaking and let her hooves fall normally. I know he didn't understand me last time, but now that he knows one personally... maybe we can corroborate. Mays stayed watchful for eye contact.

Corgibutts
Corgibutts

Stallion

Informal a pony she is, she still couldn't deny the presence of the royalty himself. Her heart bounced in her chest, but Mays hid anxiety well behind her city-based accent.

"Erm. Your Highness." Mays offered a casual curtsy and a bow of her head. Sēkr had such a defusing presence that she had to take a moment to remember what she was so worked up about. "I wouldn't normally approach you for such a, heh, unscheduled meeting, but I needed to know what a Generosity pony was doing here in the palace--" Her eyes glanced almost imperceptibly at Avid. "--and in your company, no less."

Drat it, huffed Mays to herself. I have to offer pretext quickly. I don't want to be shut down as an inflammatory nincompoop. "This is about my recent trade handling in the Generosity Kingdom. I oversaw the exchange--my crop, and other foods--and I even filled in for some other ponies." Get to the point, Mays. "What I'm saying is," she wiggled her head exasperatedly, "we didn't do it in ceremony. I got to see their stock. I got to see how they really run things over there." Mays took a much-needed breath. "I didn't organize my thoughts very well first time I came to you about this. I didn't get around to saying that they, ..."

It seemed hard for her to say. "They use the reject gems for their gifts." Mays' face read disgust and sorrow. "And other such shortcomings. Some of the ponies even admitted, yeah, we do it this way. A place that's supposed to uphold the virtues of sacrifice and charity? material and immaterial. It just ain't, peh, honest."

Mays was staring at the floor by now. She spoke like this other pony wasn't here, although, in their silence, they had surely heard everything. Mays considered that they may not be so bad. It made her feel guilty.

Corgibutts
Corgibutts

Stallion

Mays' cheeks puffed in mild frustration. Yeah, she figured it would blow over that easily, but she wouldn't mind a revolution every now and then.

"Yeah. I'll join ya'."

That wasn't the end of her tirade, after all! Mays is always bursting with opinion and seldom does she find a worthy partner in conversation... ... partners? She looked blankly at Avid Sketch.

Avid Sketch
Avid_Sketch

Pony

'Oh cripes this mare did not like Avid. Why was she so mad at Avid. Did she hate Avid? Why am I thinking in third person?'

Avid puffed her chest out, albeit scared of her new 'friend'. She shouldn't, but she did. "Are you calling us immoral?"

They trotted in the dim hallways, Avid keeping her stink eye on the ground to avoid May. Why did every mare she met had to hate her?

Corgibutts
Corgibutts

Stallion

Mays preceded her rebuttal with a surprised grunt. "Yes!" she blurted. "I mean, no! I mean--rather--it's more about... principle?" Gritting her teeth, Mays veiled her eventual apology with a stern look. "Look, we're--

"We're in the Kingdom of Honesty, we ponies are. After the war, I didn't migrate here because it's the agricultural center. I chose Honesty because it's the one virtue I respect the most--it's--it's the one I wanna exemplify and uphold!
"When Twilight gave reign to her friends like she did, it wasn't so that they could monopolize their aspect of harmony. That doesn't make sense!" she exclaimed, punctuating with a heavy step in her walk. "She did that for sake of enrichment," Mays went on, softer now, "so that we can all teach other what it means to be Honest--to be Generous.
"King Sēkr--you're a friend of the Queen of Magic. Ain't that what she wanted?"

Avid Sketch
Avid_Sketch

Pony

Avid grew a bit angrier (on the inside) every time she heard what every sentence May tried to state. Monopolize? Not- UGH!!

"Miss May I assure you some advice?" she did not restrain to glare at the Earth mare that single-hoofedly slapped her whole country in the face.

"There's a fine line between being honest about the Generous territory and bringing crude ideals into a mass of ponies of which do not care where they live." at least Avid could be true about one thing. "We may not be honest, but beggars can't be choosers."

Like Dazzler.

Like her...

Corgibutts
Corgibutts

Stallion

It stung. Is Avid being defensive? like she was involved? thought Mays confusedly.

"It's not crude. I want to find honor in the aftermath of that stupid war. I want to have some reason for why ponies had to die, because a misunderstanding doesn't cut it for me. It pisses me off." Mays regained her breath and swallowed nervous spit. "And anyway--

"--if you weren't one of the ponies being frivolous with the ideal their home country is BASED on, then I don't have a BEEF with you! I just--I guess--I had an excuse to bring it up--since--you're from--and I could get a real perspective!!"

She groaned in punctuation and her voice's echo was muffled by the bodies herding into the sizeable dining room. Mays' throat was getting horse hoarse at this point. She was going to down half a cup of water before trying the food.

Last updated: Mon, Dec 05, 2016 12:31 am